Removing excerpt text from Grid Layout Blog - Symmetry theme

bydomari
Visitor
1 0 1

Can anyone supply a code that I can use to hide the excerpt text on the grid style blog page on the Symmetry Theme?

Thank you so much in advance - I really appreciate any and all help!

Replies 12 (12)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@bydomari 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
RobP1
Tourist
13 0 2

@KetanKumar Were you able to provide a solution to this?  We are trying to similarly just have the the first paragraph of each blog display as an excerpt.  The link our planning blog is that the bottom of this preview url. https://aplk8cms00wkzbxc-29757054.shopifypreview.com

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@RobP1 

thanks but  can't see blog gird can you please show me screenshot 

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
RobP1
Tourist
13 0 2

@KetanKumar Sorry.  Here is an image.  It basically displays the contents of each of the blogs 3 at a time.  We would rather just have a short excerpt so more more blogs could display with less scrolling.  We just would like that first paragraphh or so to display.  There must be some way to code that to truncate with less characters displayed.Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 1.56.49 PM.png

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@RobP1 

yes i know that bt i can't see your theme do you have different theme?

RobP1
Tourist
13 0 2

@KetanKumar The link to the planning blog should be at the footer.  Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 8.02.10 AM.pngThis is an unpublished theme we are working on to replace our current theme.  You should be able to view the blog I have referenced with this preview link https://no6tig45k84dssvs-29757054.shopifypreview.com

Calandria
Visitor
3 0 0

Have the same problem..Could you resolve it? thanks

RobP1
Tourist
13 0 2

We actually found it was quite easy for us.  All we had to do is make sure we typed whatever excerpt we wanted within the blog in the backend of Shopify.  There is a spot for Excerpt.  You could type a couple words or whatever amount of text you want and that is what will display instead of displaying the entire contents of the blog.  Just have to add that step each time we publish a blog.

tarletondesign
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I am looking for a similar solution and do not see a solution here.

I've tried other css code recommended but it does not work for me.
When I add a small excerpt it appears.  When I delete it and have no text, a large excerpt is added by default.

Perhaps more important, I want to hide the tags.

Any suggestions?

https://ornmj0mjmkbkjim4-601812.shopifypreview.com

Screenshot-2023-07-25-at-11.52.52-AM.jpg

RobP1
Tourist
13 0 2

On your preview I'm not seeing tags so I'm assuming you were able to remove those.  If you want to remove the excerpt and not display one you'll most likely need to make some code edits to your featured-blog section liquid file.  In that file you should see a code similar to this that is displaying the excerpt.  You could simply comment this out to hide it in case you want to show it again sometime in the future.

Example:

Current:

<div class="rte">

{{ article.excerpt_or_content }}

</div>

New:

{% comment %}

<div class="rte">

{{ article.excerpt_or_content }}

</div>

{% endcomment %}   

Displaying the number of comments will be similar with the need to add code in the featured-blog section liquid file that references the number of comments a post has received.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12279 2546 3693

@bydomari 

Please share your store URL and a screenshot.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

Calandria
Visitor
3 0 0

Have the same problem...how you resolve it?