Removing Google Search Console Verification for Previous Store Owner

Meg_H_
1 0 0

We recently bought a Shopify store. I have been able to sucessfully verify Search Console/Webmaster Tools for my Google account, but I'm not able to remove the previous store owner as an account owner in Search Console. I've searched through theme.liquid as well as other files in the code editor and I can't find his meta tag, but when I view the source code of my store via the browser his meta tag still shows up. Anyone have an idea where I can find this code? Site is kamamala.com and the code I'm looking to remove starts with the string Y1Y.

Replies 4 (4)
Taurian_Belle
Excursionist
28 0 4

remove the other owner in Google Webmaster.

Maurizio5
Tourist
3 0 2

I had the exact same issue. The problem is, the meta tag is "hidden" within the "content for header" which you can not access.

I solved it by deleting the "Google Shopping" app and and by removing the Google Analytics ID in the Preferences section. After these steps I was able to remove the user from the Google Search console. I then reinstalled the app and entered the Google Analytics ID again.

Spaaaced
1 0 0

Jesus Christ Thank You!!

I've been trying to do this for hours now, Shopify support had no idea.

FYI, I was able to just Remove the Google App and it allowed me to remove the other account.

avecamour
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, how exactly did you remove the google app from shopify? Thank you