Removing header and footer from Dawn template page

ryanortiz9
2 0 0

Hi everyone!

I'd like to create landing page with no header or footer so you cannot browse the rest of our site. I'm using the Dawn template and do not have any coding experience but am a quick learner if that's needed. 

Replies 3 (3)
diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2299 413 539

@ryanortiz9,

1. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. In your theme.liquid file, find the </body> (press CTRL + F or command + F on Mac)
3. paste this code right above the </body> tag:

<style>
.header-wrapper{
    display: none !important;
}

footer.footer{
    display: none !important;
}
</style>

Please let me know whether it works.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Slideshow images cutting off? Try the Slideshow (PRO) section. No apps required. | Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets & save money. Examples here.
ryanortiz9
2 0 0

Hi Diego 

Thanks for getting back so quickly! I added that code like you said and it was accepted. However, it took the header and off of the entire site. I'd like that edit only on one specific page. Is that possible??

LightYagami
1 0 0

Every page will have a unique class to the body. Hide the header and footer on the specific page using the class. 

However, if you are hiding the header and footer, you are probably going for a Landing page independent of your website design. I don't suppose this is the right approach in that case. Because the page still loads all page resources and then hides them. I m looking for a {% layout none %}  option like we use in Shopify 1.0 version.