Removing or Redirecting "Continue Shopping" Button After Checkout

Kristin_Hart1
2 0 0

I am using the Jumpstart theme and would like to remove or redirect the continue shopping button after you have completed checkout.

Any ideas on how to do this? Ideally, we would like it to redirect to our website.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2942 381 590

Hey Kristin!

Due to security reasons, we restrict access to editing the checkout process so modifying this section of the checkout wouldn't be possible. That being said, I tested my checkout to test the "Continue Shopping" button which does lead me back to the homepage of the website so it should be acting the same for you as well. Are you experiencing issues with it not redirecting properly?

If you wanted to follow up here with how the button is currently behaving, I'd be happy to take a look!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kristin_Hart1
2 0 0

Sorry, I should have clarified. We wanted to either remove the "Continue Shopping" button all together OR rename the "Continue Shopping" button to something like "Your shirt is on the way!" and to redirect to our company's website (crewapp.com). Not lead to our shopify homepage. 

We use shopify for people to sign up for a free tshirt. We believe that having a "continue shopping" button that leads the customer back to the shopify homepage encourages them to sign up for more than one tshirt.... something we want to discourage. 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2942 381 590

Hey again!

Thank you for clarifying what you're trying to achieve! I can confirm that it wouldn't be possible to remove this button, however, it might be possible to alter the text that appears. To find out whether this can be altered, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to Online Store/Themes

2. Click on "Actions" then "Edit Language"

3. Search the keywords - In this case "Continue Shopping"

4. This should appear under a "Checkout" field and may not align entirely with the keywords, so a bit of trial and error with seeing which one controls this button. 

This should help with changing the wording, however, another option you could also look into is LockSmith which locks your site down based on a variety of rules. This app could potentially allow you to lock down the site based on customer IP, or other variables which could help with ensuring that your products are only purchased once. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MFS
1 0 0

Hello buddy, I want to remove "continue shopping" button on product page via code in debut theme.
Store url: https://justpalletwrap.co.uk/

Thanks in advance

0 Likes