Removing Text Overlay on Collections with Debut Theme

Lcihemma
Tourist
5 0 1

I'd like to remove the text overlay from my collections. I have had a look at a few tutorials with customizing the code, but so far it hasn't worked for me. 

Any advice?remove.png

Replies 9 (9)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Lcihemma 

Please share your website URL. I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Lcihemma
Tourist
5 0 1
Thank you so much! it is lcihvirtualangeltree.com
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Lcihemma 

Your shop is password protected. Please provide a password so I can check your issue.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Lcihemma
Tourist
5 0 1
the password in Mother1!
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Lcihemma 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.css file.

.collection-grid-item__title-wrapper::before {
opacity: 0.2 !important;
}
.collection-grid-item__title{
display:none;
}

Let me know if this works for you. If not please provide a screenshot.

Thanks!

ForgotMyGinkgo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there - 

Not my question - but I have the same problem.  I've inserted your code at the bottom of theme.css and nothing has changed - the overlay persists 😕

Your help is much appreciated, I've been trying to smash this for a couple of days.

Up in the css is this section of code, maybe there's something to kill in there?

.collection-grid-item__title-wrapper::before {
  content: '';
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  right: 0;
  bottom: 0;
  left: 0;
  background-color: var(--color-image-overlay);
  opacity: var(--opacity-image-overlay); }

jpack84
Explorer
66 2 23

Thanks!! I was looking to do the same thing, and it worked perfect. 

veemarielm
Visitor
1 0 0

This solution worked for me! I do have an issue with the color overlay now though, it doesn't appear on hover at all. Is there a solution for that? 

DDP_Merch
Visitor
1 0 0

This worked for me o the Home Screen but curious how to remove the overlay from the header on the collection's page. Can you help me here? Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 12.56.35 PM.png