Replace a social media icon - Dawn Theme

Feeze
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Shopify 

I am working on the Dawn Theme and trying to replace an existing clickable social media icon with a different icon. I already figured out I need to adjust the "icon-xyz.liquid" Snippet, but just don't exactly know how. Can you help?

Many thanks and best, Felix

Replies 5 (5)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Feeze.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have let us know which theme you are using as that is very helpful! You are correct that you can change the social media icon with a different icon by making a change of coding. As I cannot authenticate you for the store in question over our Community forums due to the sensitive information that would need to be shared, I am unable to view the coding and advise further.

In this case, since the Dawn theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to have our internal team make the coding changes on your behalf.

16-46-90482-10237

If you are interested in using the design time to make this change, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before speaking directly with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Feeze
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Ollie thanks a lot for your reply. I searched through the help pages you pointed my to and spent there quite a while, however wasn't able to find the right page to eventually contact Shopify to make use of this free design time. How to get in touch for this?! Thanks again and best!

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Feeze.

Thanks for the quick response.

You can login to your online store by navigating to our Contact Us page. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to our Help Center. You can type in the search bar what you would like assistance with to locate the option to Get Supported under the search results.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Feeze
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Ollie really sorry to bother and I guess it's me, but this it going in circles. You're saying you cannot help as the information I would need to disclose is confidential, however these pages you and all help pages are pointing to are just help pages without any contact form or something, I could actually reach out to seek help and make use of my 60 minutes free design time. Can you please help?

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Feeze.

No worries at all, I am happy to assist you further! I can provide screenshots of the navigation to reach our supported channels.

First, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. Once you are successfully logged in, you will be directed to our Help Center - which will look like this:

25-02-78108-94615

You will need to type in the search bar what you would like assistance with, in this case, we can search for Design time to see the related help articles.

25-03-16736-2828

On that page, you can scroll down to see the option to Get Support located under the search results.

25-04-12620-77481

Once you select Continue, you will see the supported channels that you can reach out and speak to a Support Advisor.

25-04-28002-41590

Let me know if you have any questions.