Replace Dropdown menu with regular option menu in Venture theme

sofiacococo
1 0 1

For the product page, I would like to remove dropdown menu and replace it with a regular individual boxes of variations. I am using Venture theme. My website is rainbowlightshop.myshopify.com. password:ufriff.

Thank you for your time

unnamed.jpg

Replies 6 (6)
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
24919 2495 9027

@sofiacococo 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Elias
Shopify Staff
1386 131 206

Hey, @sofiacococo.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you're looking to change the variant drop-down list to a regular option menu (radio buttons) for the Venture theme. While this level of customization isn't supported by our Theme Support team, as outlined on our design policy. However, there are several options that you can consider for having this style of variant selection. 

One option is to consider switching to a theme that comes built-in with radio buttons, such as our free  Brooklyn theme, where our Theme Support team can continue to assist you with other customizations that can help make it resemble your current theme. If you're store is subscribed to a plan, then you're eligible to use the complimentary design time included with your theme for customizing your theme. 

If you prefer customizing the Venture theme, then you can see if our partners on the Community Forums can assist you with custom coding, or you can also consider hiring a developer from Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts is our directory of certified developers that have experience with custom coding, and they'll be able to create a solution for your theme. 

You can also consider a third-party app, such as Bold Product Options, which allows you to customize your variant options. If you need assistance with third-party apps, the app developers are always available to assist you. You can reach out to the developer directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

Did you get a chance to check out our Brooklyn theme yet?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

nadatouma
Excursionist
18 0 4

I have a similar issue. people are not noticing the dropdown menu and always just press add to cart. How can I change the menu that they cannot add to cart without choosing one option. I hope I am clear. 

for example here https://phoeniciangoods.fi/collections/cream/products/baby-sensitive-salve

thank you

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
24919 2495 9027

@nadatouma 

yes please show me issue image

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
nadatouma
Excursionist
18 0 4

thank you Kumar.

i sent an example link of one product that has 2 options, 50g and 100g. as you can see you can simple add to cart without using the drop down menu. I need people to be forced to choose. it could be that the drop down menu says choose then you press to choose, or radio button... anything that would force people to choose.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
24919 2495 9027

@nadatouma 

can you please share your store url.