Reset password page missing links and other items

Solved
jaykav99
Tourist
5 0 1

So I am using the dawn template, and just tested out the reset password feature...when i click on the link in the email it takes me to the reset page but as you can see by the example below the header row navigation links are missing. the password fields don't have a box around them like you would see on the login page and my quick links and subscriber box is missing. Can anyone shed any light on this? I tried reviewing the login page vs reset password page but couldn't tell why so much is missing...not having navigation links i could prob deal with but the missing boxing around the fields just makes it all look pretty broken.

 Store url  rjcraftcreations.com 

reset.png

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1155 93 293

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @jaykav99

I appreciate you posting about this. 

To confirm, have you made any coding changes to your Dawn theme recently? Or, have you worked with a developer who made changes on your behalf? If so, it's possible that those coding edits may have caused some changes on your password reset page, so it may be worthwhile to double check the coding snippets that were added. 

However, if you haven't made any coding changes, this may be something that our Design team can help look into further. To get in touch with our team about this, please visit our Help Center via this link, log in to your account, and submit a support request with us there. That way, our team can speak with you about this over live chat, email, or through a callback, to gather more details about the situation you're experiencing. Then, our Support team can pass this information along to our Design team for a closer investigation. 

Since this information should help resolve your query, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This should help benefit other users who may be running into a similar issue. 

Thanks! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
jaykav99
Tourist
5 0 1

Rae I have recently been in contact with the support team and they confirmed a bug...they supplied a fix for the CSS but did not fix the missing navigation links yet. And as far as I know there is 1 other use with the same issue so far.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1155 93 293

Hi, @jaykav99

Thanks for following up and letting me know. 

Since you're already in touch with our Support team about this, I recommend following up with our team in your open ticket to ask for more details on resolving the issue you're having with the navigation. Our team should be able to point you in the right direction with this! 

If you know of another user who is experiencing the same problem, please have them reach out to us via our Help Center so that we can take a closer look at their site. 

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can help out with! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Leysam
Shopify Partner
26 1 15

@Rae 

I am having the same issue as well. It seems like there's a pattern to this as some 404 pages doesn't supply the links as well.

it might be because of the URL structure?

For example 

yourstore.myshopify.com/asdasd -> 404 page with no links/menu

yourstore.myshopify.com/pages/somebsurl -> 404 page with links/menu

Leysam | The Shopify Guy  

- Email me at edwardwindtalker@gmail.com or add me on Skype: samypogs
0 Likes