1 0 1

I am learning and just want to restart my store build . cant i reset my theme

Replies 2 (2)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9770 2228 3065

@BrlyDS 

HOW TO RESET YOUR SHOPIFY THEME?

Amending changes to your Shopify store might not always be the best idea. You might be under the impression that editing the theme to a better format is a good idea, only to realize that it was better in its original form. 

In such cases, you can only regret and wish to have rolled back to the previous version of your theme. While there’s no reset button on the platform, Shopify makes it possible for users! How? Continue reading to know the steps: 

STEP 1: SELECT THEMES

The first step requires you to log in to your Shopify store and move to the admin page. Once there, click on the ‘Online Store’ and visit your store’s ‘Themes’ section.

STEP 2: CLICK EDIT CODE

Once you’ve clicked on the themes section, the platform takes you to a list of themes that are present on the platform. From here, you can select any one of the themes by clicking on ‘Actions’, followed by ‘Edit’ code.

STEP 3: SELECT THE EDITED FILE

The third step requires you to select the edited file. In this step, you need to explore and click on the edited file to which you want to amend changes. Once you’ve accessed the directory, click the file.

STEP 4: PRESS ON OLDER VERSIONS

Once you’ve accessed the directory and selected the file, you’ll notice a number of older versions next to the file’s name on top. Select the older versions to access the previous versions of your theme.

STEP 5: CHOOSE THE OLDER VERSION YOU WANT

Once you’ve been able to have a clear view of the ‘Older versions of your theme, select any one of the themes that you want to restore. You can look at the timestamp and ensure the version you want to roll back to. Once done, click Save.

STEP 6: OPTIONAL: SELECT PREVIEW

The last step in the process is optional. Here, you can have a preview of the selected theme to ensure that it meets your requirements. 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
Nick
Community Moderator
4242 420 879

Hi @BrlyDS,

There are a couple of ways you can go around this. As @dmwwebartisan you can roll back your theme to take it back to where you were at certain dates before editing and changing it. 

Or if it's a free Shopify developed theme you could download a fresh version from the theme store allowing you to start from scratch and not have to be get rid of what you have already in case there are parts you want to keep. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog