Sections in Dawn Theme get added to all pages

ssurma
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi!

I am trying to add different sections to different pages in the dawn theme. However, once I add an element on one page, it also shows up on all other pages. For example the contact form now showing up on the "contact" page but also all the others e.g. "about".

How can I configure each page separately?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

S

Replies 5 (5)

CThorne
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having the same exact issue and am super bummed you haven't gotten an answer yet. 😕

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @ssurma ,

You should create a template from 1. Separate 2 pages into 2 separate templates. Because each template has its own json data. If your 2 contact and about pages use the same template, the data will be the same

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 8.43.37 AM.png

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any further questions.

banned
CThorne
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you so much for this!! There's a few more steps to get it all sorted but I figured it out! 🥳

HollowNik
Tourist
5 0 1

How did you figure it out? I'm still getting the similar pages, even though I created new templates

Maddrip
Visitor
1 0 0

To anyone with this problem:

once a new template is created, you have to assign the page to that template. Go to online store > pages, select the page you want to assign to the new template. On the right hand side, you will see a dropdown with the title ”theme template”. Choose your custom template. 

Done 🙂