FROM CACHE - en_header

See if a product has variants

Nate_Schaub
4 0 0

I have products listed on a particular collection page, and I'm using the following link to bypass the product detail and shopping cart pages and push customers directly into the checkout process:

<a href="https://mysite.com/cart/{{ product.variants.first.id }}:1">

However, some of our products now have variants, so for those, I want to send them to the cart page to select variants (i.e. shirt size). How do I check to see if a product has variants associated with it? Right now I'm using the code below but it's not working:

{% if variant.available == true %}
  <a href="{{ product.url | within: collection }}">
  {% else %}
  <a href="https://mysite.com/cart/{{ product.variants.first.id }}:1">
  {% endif %}

Replies 4 (4)
Jason
Shopify Expert
10921 193 2197

Hey Nate,

You can check how many variants the product has.

{% if product.variants.size > 1 %}
  I have more than one default variant
{% else %}
  I have just the one default variant
{% endif %}

Now have variants and have having available variants are two different things. Did you need to check both?

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Nate_Schaub
4 0 0

Sweet...thanks Jason. At that point I just need to know if a particular product has any variants in order to push them to the product page to select a variant, then proceed with checkout. On the product page, if a particular variant (i.e. a shirt size) is out of stock, will that variant simply not show up as an option?

AvidBrio
Shopify Expert
293 17 22

@Jason  @Nate_Schaub 

we can check the product has variant

{% if product.has_only_default_variant %}
      <input id="remove_the_dis_cart_btn" name="id" value="{{ variant.id }}" type="hidden">
    {% else %}
      <select name="id" id="productSelect-{{ section.id }}" class="product-variants__ product-variants-{{ section.id }}">
        <option selected="selected" data-var-price=" {{ product.price_min | money_with_currency }} " > Select </option>
        {% for variant in product.variants %}
          {% if variant.available %}

<option   data-sku="{{ variant.sku }}" data-var-price="{{ variant.price | money_with_currency }}" value="{{ variant.id }}"> {{ variant.title }} {%- comment -%}    - {{ variant.price | money_with_currency }} {%- endcomment -%} </option>

{% else %}
          <option> Select </option>
            <option disabled="disabled">
              {{ variant.title }} - {{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
            </option>
          {% endif %}
        {% endfor %}
      </select>
      {% endif %}
If you find our comment helpful, hit the like button and accept it as a solution.
Want us to implement custom changes in your store? Contact us
Email me directly - jim@avidbrio.com
magedesigner
1 0 1

@AvidBrio  

Thanks for providing the solution it's working for me.
i was also worked with you you are really good experience in Shopify