Solved

Select variants by clicking their images Shopify 2.0 Taste Theme

OndaSkateboards
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi folks, 

I'm looking to for a solution to this problem. 

When I click on the variant, the image changes to that variant which is good. 
When I click on the variant image, the product does not change to that variant. 

There seems to be a solution for old themes (see link below) but I'm looking for how I can implement this into the new Shopify 2.0 theme, specifically Taste. 

Can anyone help me with this?

I'm not looking to install any external apps for this. 

Here's a link for the product:
https://ondaskate.com/products/onda-premium-complete-8?variant=41868495683784

Here's the link for the original solution that apparently no longer applies:
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/themes-by-shopify/vintage-themes/customizing-...

Thanks
David

Accepted Solution (1)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @OndaSkateboards

This is doable. Just a little bit of javascript code. You can check the demo product here. Password: made4uo.

This also work with radio buttons. You can check the code here

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @OndaSkateboards

This is doable. Just a little bit of javascript code. You can check the demo product here. Password: made4uo.

This also work with radio buttons. You can check the code here

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
OndaSkateboards
Visitor
2 0 1

@made4Uo Thanks so much. Your solution works perfectly and you even went above and beyond to help me with support queries. 
Much appreciated!

meganatmetro
Excursionist
28 4 5

Hello, this link is not working anymore. Could you please provide an up-to-date link for this solution?