Solved

Separate billing + shipping address

erikaclarkson99
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to have allow customers to enter a separate billing address and shipping address in the checkout - so that customers can send my items as a gift.

I have unchecked the Use the shipping address as the billing address by default. And I have checked that all my items are marked as a physical product. But still in my checkout you can only enter a shipping address.

Please help.

Thanks,

Erika

Accepted Solution (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @erikaclarkson99!

The checkout process on Shopify will always give customers the option to edit their billing address, even if you've unchecked the Use the shipping address as the billing address by default selection within your Checkout settings. When testing this on your own store, which step of the checkout process did you get up to?

The billing address section doesn't appear on the same page as the shipping address section during a customer's checkout process. Once a customer has entered their shipping address, they'll be prompted to select a shipping method, after which they'll be taken to the payment page. It is on this payment page that customers are able to select their payment method, as well as change their billing address as shown below:

If you're still unable to find the billing address section, feel free to share your store's URL so that we can go through your store's checkout process.

Leading up to the holiday season, it's great to see that you're looking to offer your customers the option to send their purchases as gifts to others. If you haven't already done so, creating a gift guide for your store is a popular way to boost your sales during the holiday season. Check out our Shopify Blog here for some tips and tricks on creating gift guides.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @erikaclarkson99!

The checkout process on Shopify will always give customers the option to edit their billing address, even if you've unchecked the Use the shipping address as the billing address by default selection within your Checkout settings. When testing this on your own store, which step of the checkout process did you get up to?

The billing address section doesn't appear on the same page as the shipping address section during a customer's checkout process. Once a customer has entered their shipping address, they'll be prompted to select a shipping method, after which they'll be taken to the payment page. It is on this payment page that customers are able to select their payment method, as well as change their billing address as shown below:

If you're still unable to find the billing address section, feel free to share your store's URL so that we can go through your store's checkout process.

Leading up to the holiday season, it's great to see that you're looking to offer your customers the option to send their purchases as gifts to others. If you haven't already done so, creating a gift guide for your store is a popular way to boost your sales during the holiday season. Check out our Shopify Blog here for some tips and tricks on creating gift guides.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog