Solved

Server Error when trying to approve theme purchase

Novicell-Aarhus
Shopify Partner
3 1 4

Hi, I have been using the Warehouse theme as a trial and would like to go forward and purchase this theme. But when I click approve button, a pop-up shows up with the text "Server Error", and nothing else happens. I have tried several times without any luck.

Maybe the problem is related to the first time I tried to purchase the theme, it send a code to my phone, to approve the purchase. But I didn't have it around, and now every time I try, it says "Server Error".

NovicellAarhus_0-1641988088348.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Novicell-Aarhus
Shopify Partner
3 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

It's working now. I waited for about a day, and the approval went through without any problem. Still have no idea what went wrong. But waiting a day did the trick. Weird.

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Novicell-Aarhus 

sorry for any issue can you please contact here

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @Novicell-Aarhus!

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention.

I am sorry to see that there is an issue purchasing the theme, as we want this process to be as smooth as possible for you! We have not had any other users report the same and the code being sent to your phone should not affect it, so it looks like it is isolated to your case only. One thing we can try to do here is to try to narrow down the issue with a few troubleshooting steps, here they are below:

• Clear your cache and cookies on your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Try a different web browser, as well as incognito or private windows to rule out any browser issues.
  • When using incognito, if you're still experiencing a delay, confirm you have disabled browser extensions, as these can change how pages function and look.
  • Ensure your web browser is up-to-date on the latest version (we don't support every browser, but we do support these here).
  • Try another device like a computer or mobile phone.
  • Try on the Shopify Mobile App; this is usually the best step to try, as it will rule out any browser issues.
  • Ensure you do not have any firewalls or pop up blockers enabled on your device, as these can interfere.

Sometimes trying the steps above is exactly what is needed to get you back to business in no time, let me know if you are able to complete the theme purchase.

Are you a new seller, or have you been selling before? Have you done any marketing on social media, or what has been your marketing plan so far? Marketing can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed.  I think you may find our free course, guide to digital marketing useful right here at this link!  Another great resource on the subject of SEO and digital marketing is this podcast interviewing the founder of Threadheads, a fellow user of the Shopify platform. If you have the time, give it a listen, it's a masterclass in advertising, essentially!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Novicell-Aarhus
Shopify Partner
3 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

It's working now. I waited for about a day, and the approval went through without any problem. Still have no idea what went wrong. But waiting a day did the trick. Weird.

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @Novicell-Aarhus!

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know that you were able to successfully purchase your theme!

Sometimes it can just be down to pesky browser issues or clearing the cache is needed.

Should any further issues arise, please don't hesitate to reply. Have a great week!

Seamus1
Visitor
1 0 4

The actual issue that occurred was that you didn't confirm nor cancel the payment, which left the verification in a frozen state, I presume the waiting must have caused a reset, but the option to purchase was in a hung state until then as you did not confirm or cancel the transaction, hence it could not be verified when you went purchase it again for the second time if you will, what you should have done was gone to the approve page and instead of clicking approve, click cancel in the top right corner and then retry making the purchase, its essentially an SCA unhandled error

Novicell-Aarhus
Shopify Partner
3 1 4

Thanks Seamus1. When I look back on the issue, it makes sense that this was the cause.

Multi11
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Thank you so much! Finally, a solution to this problem.

MLYARROW
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

How is this the accepted solution???? It's been two days and I still get the same error.

WAHOO
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue besides trying all the tweaks you had suggested but the issue is unresolved.

WAHOO.IN
Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @WAHOO.

Thanks for reaching out on this thread! I'm sorry to hear that you are running into the same issue. Has this been resolved now?

Just to clarify, are you getting the same error message stating 'server error' or something else entirely? If you have performed all the troubleshooting steps already, and you are still having trouble making your theme purchase, then I would suggest here that you reach out to our live support here at this link. They can have a closer look at your account. While I would love to be able to help you troubleshoot this, we simply do not have access to accounts like this via the Community forums.

How is everything else going on your store? I would love to hear more about your aims and goals for 2022 if you would like to discuss them further. I hope this helps, but please do let me know if anything needs clarifying here!