Set a minimum order price

LeopoldoProfili
1 0 0

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your solution. It works great to make the "checkout" button disappear if the total amount is below a set number.

If the total is at the right level, the button is there, no problem.

BUT, this code seems to disable the possibility to increase th enumber of any item in the cart, to make it reach the right $ amount. The number goes up, but the cart does not calculate a new $ total, and if I refresh the page, the number goes back down to 1.

Very strange, but I think I saw other people having the same problem.

Any idea around here?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
dinakar2324
2 0 0

Im using the canvas theme, how do i edit the code for this theme. kindly help

0 Likes
redblock
2 0 0

this worked perfectly , thank you ! however mine just lied underneath "cart.liquid" and worked perfectly! 

0 Likes
ConnieO
1 0 0

Hi PaulGee4,

Did you ever manage this? I'm also trying to add the code with Narrative but can't work out where it should go.

Any help much appreciated!

0 Likes
dLane22
2 0 2

Hi,

I found a workaround for this problem. 

Step 1

Go to your settings, click shipping and delivery.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 11.06.28 AM.png

Step 2

Create a shipping profile with a condition. Set the condition to your desired amount, and set the shipping rate. For my shop, the condition is 500 pesos=free shipping

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 11.09.08 AM.png

Step 3 

Go to settings, click checkout

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 11.10.17 AM.png

Step 4 

Scroll down until you find Manage Checkout Language

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 11.11.49 AM.png

Step 5

Under checkout language, use the search tool to find the error message showing on your checkout page. In my case, whenever a customer orders below 500 pesos, an error message is showing that "there is no available shipping method in their area". I copy this error message and pasted it on the search tool under checkout language to quickly find it. 

I changed this error message to "Minimum order purchase is 500 Pesos. Please add more items to your cart to be eligible for free shipping"

I also changed the other error message saying "We don't offer shipping to Metro Manila" to "To be eligible for free shipping, please add more items to your cart."

Now whenever my customer is adding items to their cart below my minimum order purchase, this is what they see in the checkout page

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 11.21.10 AM.png

I did not code anything, I just changed the checkout message so that my customers will be informed that the minimum order value should be 500 pesos to checkout. I hope this helps

Khan01
Tourist
32 0 1

Hello @Jason ,

How can we it 100% bulletproof.? Is there any way to do so.?

0 Likes
JPCancino
Excursionist
16 0 5

Simple and amazing.

Many thanks! @dLane22 

0 Likes
AnnabelE
1 0 0

Thank you @dLane22 

This is brilliant and has saved me trying to figure out any coding!

0 Likes