Showing Original Price & Current Price on Product Page

jwells
Visitor
2 0 0

Theme: Impulse by Archetype

We recently repriced (new regular price, not a mark down)  and are looking to show original price & the current price on product page...

If possible, we would also like to show the compare-at price without a strikethrough or having the product automatically marked with a SALE badge.

Any suggestions?

Replies 2 (2)

Erin
Shopify Staff
839 124 135

Hi, @jwells. I'm happy to look into this with you! I just have a few questions to make sure I'm giving you helpful advice. Do you have any examples of how you would like this to look? Can you also tell me more about why you would like to display both prices? 

Typically to show both the current price and previous price you would use the Price and Compare-at price settings in your product settings. However, this will result in the former price having a strikethrough and/or a sale badge. If you are hoping to show that the product has been re-priced without the strikethrough or sale badge, I'd recommend including this information somewhere else on the page, like in the product description. You could also use a third party app to add custom product labels or badges to display this information. You can find a list of apps that can help you create product labels or badges here.

Once I have more information I may be able to suggest more. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime! 

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jwells
Visitor
2 0 0

The ideal look is this: 

Original Price: $159 | Now: $115

Boss is looking for something more aggressive in showing the new pricing to customers. So I thought, perhaps, removing the strikethrough would make it look less on sale.