Showing variants with different prices

Oceania
2 0 0

Hi

A bit of a noob question here I'm afraid....

One of the  products I sell is  Mic Leads. 

The basic product is the same but I sell 7 different lengths ( 3ft, 6ft, 10 ft etc).  Each length is a different price.

I have created a page for the basic product detailing features and benefits.

I have created Option values for each and Variants for each Length with their prices.

How do I get these options to show on the product page?

Ideally buyer should be able to see lengths and prices on the One product page or should I create 7 different pages for each length  ?

https://oceaniaaudiosales.co.nz/products/warm-audio-premier-cable?_pos=2&_sid=5a6cb9014&_ss=r

I'm using Venture Theme.

Thanx in advance

Replies 3 (3)
Ava
Shopify Staff
1044 70 165

Hey, @Oceania!

Have you seen our guide on how to add variants to your products? Once a variant is added, you can add different prices too! I can't seem to see any product options on this link you've shared, could you walk me through how you set them up in the admin section?

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Oceania
2 0 0

Hi @Ava

thanx for the response.

When creating a new product from the Admin page, Im doing the following...

>create title, add description, media, pricing and quantity

>go to options, create new option called "Length"

> add 3ft,6ft,10ft,20ft

>go to Variants and add images and prices for each length

Add Tags and Collection info

Save

view on store page and.....nothing only the original product, no variations shown or even the suggestion that there might be a variation....

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Would I be better to create a separate listing for each option/variation ?

cheers

Ava
Shopify Staff
1044 70 165

Thank you so much for your response here! From the process you have outlined, it does sound like you're following the correct steps to add different variants to the product. I'm wondering have you made any edits to your theme code recently? I noticed on your product page that you have several payment options available such as Humm and Afterpay. Can I ask how you added these options in? For example, did you need to edit the coding of your theme to add in these partial payment options?

The best way to check if the extra functionality you've added to the product page is interfering with the theme is to go to your theme section in the admin (Online Store > Themes) and check open an unedited version (one with no coding changes) of a theme you have there. For example, if you have any previous themes installed in your admin, you can open one of these and check out products there to see if you can see any variants on these products. Or you can download a fresh copy of your current theme from the Theme Store!

If a clean (unedited) theme in your admin is showing variants and product options, then the issue may be that the edits you might have made to the product page are interfering with the way the team is showing the products. Can I ask if you had a developer ID in these payment options or did you follow our guide online to add them?  I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog