Simple Theme Header Remove

Solved
JoeWard
7 0 0

Hello,

my page is https://michaelwardsmenswear.ie/

I would like to remove the header space above the banner, coding is sanskrit to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Joe

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
JonWright
Shopify Partner
771 110 332

This is an accepted solution.

OK. Let's do this one change at a time.

1. To get rid of the logo text across your site, add this to the very bottom of 'theme.scss.liquid' (Sales Channels>Online Store>Themes, select 'Edit code' from the Actions dropdown)

.logo-tagline.table {
    display: none;
}

2. Remove Search link from main menu. I think this is something you have added to your menu. So go to 'Sales Channels>Online Store>Navigation' then select 'Main Menu' and edit it by deleting Search.

3. Same as 2 for removing 'Our Story' from main menu

4. Also looks like you have created two different pages for 'Our Story' (as copy is different in each) so suggest you delete the page you no longer need i.e. the one you are not using in the footer

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)
JonWright
Shopify Partner
771 110 332

Hi @JoeWard could you clarify what you mean/are trying to achieve? maybe with a screenshot or something.

JoeWard
7 0 0

Screenshot (7).png

JoeWard
7 0 0

The areas marked above the banner is what I would like to take out.

The banner has my business name in it so no need for the writing above it.

@JoeWard wrote:

Screenshot (7).png

JoeWard
7 0 0

Also on the top of the page there are 2 options for search I would like to take the second search  option beside Out Story and Our Story away also as I am putting a link to Our Story in the footer. 

JonWright
Shopify Partner
771 110 332

This is an accepted solution.

OK. Let's do this one change at a time.

1. To get rid of the logo text across your site, add this to the very bottom of 'theme.scss.liquid' (Sales Channels>Online Store>Themes, select 'Edit code' from the Actions dropdown)

.logo-tagline.table {
    display: none;
}

2. Remove Search link from main menu. I think this is something you have added to your menu. So go to 'Sales Channels>Online Store>Navigation' then select 'Main Menu' and edit it by deleting Search.

3. Same as 2 for removing 'Our Story' from main menu

4. Also looks like you have created two different pages for 'Our Story' (as copy is different in each) so suggest you delete the page you no longer need i.e. the one you are not using in the footer

View solution in original post

JoeWard
7 0 0

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the reply.

First part worked great, the text is gone and I can see more of the page.

The 2 search options are still there at the top of the page but only on the desktop version so its ok for them to be there and I don't want to chance changing something that will affect the mobile version.

Thank you for your help.

JonWright
Shopify Partner
771 110 332

Hi - glad it worked. You really should remove that redundant Search link though as it links to a dead search. It's in one of your menus (step 2) and removing it won't affect mobile as mobile doesn't show that Top Nav at all (it's also in your Footer menu).

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 10.11.03.png

osamanw
Tourist
19 0 3

Hi Jon , 

i have the same issue in my Simple theme , i tried to add the code you mentioned but no effect at all , will you pleae help me with that ?

check the screen shot below .Annotation 2020-05-24 043559.png

osamanw
Tourist
19 0 3

the slide show on the mobile view is large , how can i fix that ?

screen shot below .

Annotation 2020-05-24 043559.pngAnnotation 2020-05-24 044648.png