How to set my main page as default instead of a theme preview?

DungeonRuins
Tourist
9 1 0

Is there a way for my main page to be the first thing you see instead of a preview page when you go to my site? dungeonruins.com

Replies 4 (4)

DungeonRuins
Tourist
9 1 0

bump

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @DungeonRuins

Thanks for sharing your store link to show us what's happening. What exactly do you mean by your main page? 

From what I can tell, it looks like you have not added any other sections on your home page. Sections are customizable blocks of content that determine the layout and appearance of different pages on your online store. 

In order to change the appearance of your home page, you'll need to add sections to your homepage, or edit the section you currently have. You can follow our help document on adding sections. As the document mentions, each theme has different sections that are available to add. Below is how the theme editor looks in my test store with the Simple theme:

22-42-67535-42587

Let us know how this goes, and if you have any further questions! If you're looking for advice on how to design your home page, read through our blog article on home page design 101 for some suggestions. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

DungeonRuins
Tourist
9 1 0

Not really what I was looking for. I want people to be able to see every design I offer without having to click on anything.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, you mean you want to see all products on the home page? 

If yes, this won't be possible with the sections that are available through the Simple theme. The maximum number of products displayed is 30 through the Featured collection section. Your options are to look into an app that could customize your home page to look the way you'd like, ask in the Community for some coding help (if you're comfortable implementing it yourself) or otherwise hire a Shopify Expert

Some page building apps that I'd recommend trying are: 

Before adding all your products to your home page, I'd consider making sure this is something your audience is looking for. Have you received this feedback from your customers? A home page design is very important for creating a strong first impression. Even if you'd like to display all of your products below, I'd recommend having some strong compelling visuals at the top of your home page. There is another great article by Shogun called Shopify Homepage, which is all about how to show off your products to excite customers on your home page. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.