Simple Theme

Justin34
Excursionist
66 0 10

Hi

I am using the simple theme. I am having two issues.

1. How do I make the banner on the main page shrink in size so the entire banner can be seen on mobile. Right now, it looks great on desktop. However, when on mobile, you can only see part of the banner. The rest is cut off.

2. Is there a way to make the bottom navigation go across instead of vertical?

Thanks so much in advance

Reply 1 (1)
Elias
Shopify Staff
1389 131 207

Hi, @Justin34.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're having a couple of issues with the Simple theme, and I'd be happy to share some suggestions and/or alternatives.

1. Making the banner smaller on the mobile view isn't something that is supported by our design policy, as this is a feature by design to support responsive images. Responsive images are images that respond to the size of screen on which they’re being displayed, so your high-res images will be just right regardless of the device. Instead, to help you with choose the best image ratio - please check out our best practices for slideshows, image banners, and full-width images.

If disabling the responsive feature is something that you must have, then we'd recommend hiring a developer to assist you with this. If you need help finding a developer, you can find one on Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts is our directory of certified developers that have experience in working with custom coding, and they'll be able to create a solution for your theme. 

2. There isn't a way to change the navigation menu on the Simple theme, as it comes with a fixed menu. However, we do offer a few options from our free themes that includes a vertical menu. I'd recommend taking a look at the Dawn, Debut, Venture, Brooklyn, or Supply themes. From there, you can try to customize them to get the look and feel of the Simple theme with a vertical menu. 

Was there a particular feature that you need from the Simple theme?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog