Site load speed advice sought

jbk1
Excursionist
24 3 3

Self rolling a little shopify store, built it 18mths ago with Dawn2.0 and it's been sat on pause since then. Now wanting to release it live but it's having very noticeable image load speed issues. Max image sizes are ~300kb, I realise that guides say to try to be <70kb, but I felt that high quality of images were important and hoped that the larger than advised size of my product images wouldn't be large enough to cause a noticeable load problem, + I don't remember the site loading so slowly when I created in 18mths ago.

Is anyone able to look at the site, www.forhm.com, and judge whether the loading speeds (are you seeing noticeable load speed issues at your end too?) are down to the image size or whether it's something else in my theme? And to advise on the solution?

TIA

Reply 1 (1)

PageFly-Theodor
Navigator
360 51 54

Hi @jbk1 ,
This is Theodore from PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App.

Your Shopify store's slow picture loading may be the result of huge photos, poorly coded themes, ineffective hosting, or improper image formats. To greatly enhance loading speed and user experience, reduce image sizes, optimize your theme, upgrade your hosting, and use the appropriate format for each type of image. TinyPNG and Google PageSpeed Insights are two tools that can be used to identify and address these problems.

I’ll be so happy if my suggestion can help to solve your problem. If you have any further questions, please feel free to tell me.
Best regards,
Theodore | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.