Slide Image Option Not Available

amaraofficial
1 0 0

I am Using the free Boundless theme for my website and it has a slide show feature. The slideshow section however, doesn't give the option to add an image  to the slideshow. I has logo and home page logo images none of which fill the slideshow. Can anyone assist me with that?

Reply 1 (1)
Hilary
Community Moderator
537 78 102

Hi, @amaraofficial 

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Happy to walk through this with you!

When you open your Theme editor, and open the slide show section from the left hand side menu, click Slideshow > Add image slide. After you have added the number of slides you'd like to have, click on each Image slide to open the right hand side menu. This is where you add the image for each slide (click Add image), and change any other details, such as the slide title. Below is a screenshot for you of this: 

04-03-58708-56223

As for not having an image to use in this section, have you looked into using some free stock photography for your store? It's great to have captivating visuals on the home page of your store to grab your visitors attention and start sharing what your store is about. One option for free stock photography is Burst (created by us!). Otherwise, check out this blog post with plenty more options. 

Also, just want to make sure you know you don't need to keep every section that's listed in the left hand menu for the home page. For example, you could remove the slideshow section if you didn't want to use it. You can learn more about how this works under Sections in our Help Center.

Let me know how this goes, and if you have any questions! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog