Slideshow Images in mobile view appear cropped - Simple Theme

Solved
TheGamingG
2 0 1

Hey everyone! 

I've tried to search everywhere and I couldn't find anything really to solve this issue, but here goes nothing...

No matter how much I resize the images, they still appear cropped on the mobile view so I'm not sure how I can resize this. I had the code on a previous Simple theme but I screwed up something within the theme code and had to remake it, so I no longer have it. I know there is a way to fix this, if anyone knows a code to auto-adjust the slideshow images for mobile view, I would very much appreciate it! Thank you!

TheGamingG_0-1636973523648.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ollie
Shopify Staff
404 47 72

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @TheGamingG.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the screenshot that you have shared of your online store. Looking into the Simple theme, you should be able to change the slideshow size which may help with the image cropping. If you navigate to the Theme Editor and select on the slideshow section that has been added to the theme. You should be able to see the option to change the slideshow height, choosing the option adapt to first slide may do the trick. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

15-12-83506-18429

Since the Simple theme is designed and support by Shopify, we may be able to use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the corresponding changes on your behalf. If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see on your online store with an Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
404 47 72

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @TheGamingG.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the screenshot that you have shared of your online store. Looking into the Simple theme, you should be able to change the slideshow size which may help with the image cropping. If you navigate to the Theme Editor and select on the slideshow section that has been added to the theme. You should be able to see the option to change the slideshow height, choosing the option adapt to first slide may do the trick. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

15-12-83506-18429

Since the Simple theme is designed and support by Shopify, we may be able to use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the corresponding changes on your behalf. If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see on your online store with an Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

TheGamingG
2 0 1

Oh WOW, I completely overlooked this! Thank you so much, worked as it should, haha