Solved

Social Media Icons in Footer Missing

nmdubya
Tourist
9 0 1

www.bellandlou.com is my website - in the footer, the follow us section is there, I have added the links to the instagram and facebook in theme settings, but the icons aren't showing up? Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Pankaj_Gupta
Shopify Partner
155 21 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @nmdubya,

I checked in all device icons are showing up.

If It solves your problem, Please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need Shopify customization and custom work on your store? Hire me.
Feel free to Contact me on pankajtechcode@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

Hi @nmdubya 

As i can see you have already this icon. 

Want custom changes? hire me.
3 months of Shopify for $1/month. Look here.
Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here

Pankaj_Gupta
Shopify Partner
155 21 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @nmdubya,

I checked in all device icons are showing up.

If It solves your problem, Please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need Shopify customization and custom work on your store? Hire me.
Feel free to Contact me on pankajtechcode@gmail.com
nmdubya
Tourist
9 0 1

I'll take your word for it! For some reason they aren't showing up in my browser or incognito or on my cell?

Thank you all for checking.

hennessey
Visitor
1 0 1

I was having the same problem and wasted two days of my life trying to solve it. After seeing your post, I tried on other devices, and sure enough, the social media icons showed up. Turns out the real problem seems to be that Shopify stores don't work properly with the Firefox browser on my Mac. It works with android, and with ipad, and with Safari, but not Firefox. Also, oddly, the icons are in the sidebar (I use Simple) instead of in the footer. This is awkward not at all what I would expect, but I'm not ready to waste another two days of my life trying to get them in to the footer. 

Oh, I checked out your shop and I don't see the icons for your shop when I use Firefox. This is Shopify browser compatibility problem, not a problem with our web sites.

GrasshopperGeo
Tourist
6 0 11

So after one and a half years there is still no proper response to this. "Don't use Firefox" just won't do, sorry. Would be nice to get an update on this. Is anyone even working on a solution? Because the problem is definitely still around.

I checked with different browsers and devices, the icons won't show up or won't show up properly when using ffx, either on laptop or mobile. As I've learned, this is not the only compatibility problem with ffx, but it makes a huge difference for us, as a great deal of our customers arrive form social media. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eszter

hjtvslll
Tourist
20 0 1

Hello, I also encountered the same problem, how do you solve it, can you help me?

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4808 621 1217

Have you added link in footer section in theme editor? 

send me your store url 

Want custom changes? hire me.
3 months of Shopify for $1/month. Look here.
Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here