Sort/filter by product image size?

George_C
Trailblazer
155 1 145

Is there a way to sort or filter products based on the size/dimensions of the product images? 

I want to replace smaller-sized images with larger versions, and would like to be able to filter or sort the products based on the existing images in the listings so I can determine which ones have smaller images that need replaced. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
Replies 3 (3)

iDoThemes
Trailblazer
207 43 91

Your images are lazyloaded so probably it's not practical to do this. Shopify doesn't offer a native way of filtering like this so you'd probably need to build a custom script that requests all images at their maximum size and returns some data based on that.

Developer of Liquify Chrome Extension -- Enhance the Shopify Theme Code Editor

Theme Developer -- Drop me a line
George_C
Trailblazer
155 1 145

Thanks for the insight. I didn’t see anything in the admin or the CSV export, so I assumed it was unlikely. But thought perhaps someone here might know of a solution. Thanks again. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
Anto_S
Shopify Partner
148 4 19

Hey @George_C 

You could do this with the Product Image viewer on the Sheet Master free version https://apps.shopify.com/sheet-master - the report includes image height & width as well as an ability to view the original scale of the image. Here's a video demo

Here's a blog post on the product image viewer, let me know if you need any customization.

Automating Commerce at Comstack.co
Email: anto@comstack.co