Solved

Can spaces be added in hyperlinked text on an eCommerce platform?

pliersandstring
Excursionist
16 2 5

Hi, loving the community here and so glad to have all of the big brains in one space. Rly is quite cool and I hope my good feels continue to be justified 🙂

So, my question is whether this odd hyperlink behavior is ingrained into Shopify or if it's remediable:

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.50.52 PM.png

As you can see my text is justified and "STIX" would fit into the line above. The fact that it's not, however, results in what's shown here. Unfortunately it seems that with hyperlinked text Shopify appears to join all words together into one unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to undo this unseemly quirk, and I'm sure others would too.

Best,

Ryan

PS Wondering if this is somehow related to Shopify's tendency to replace spaces (eg where product page edits have been made) with  ?

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @pliersandstring,

Thanks for getting back to me! Impulse is a great theme and your store looks really well, nice work. 

In this instance, I would advise you to contact Archetype Themes directly as this could be a bug on their end. Because they wrote and developed the theme they could tell you straight away and if it isn't, they would at least look into and fix it for you! You can reach Archetype Themes support team here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1569

hii, @pliersandstring 
Kindly share your store URL so,
I can solve your issue.
Thank You.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @pliersandstring,

Thanks for your feedback on the Community. Great to hear you're getting some value and enjoying it! 

Regarding your question, that does seem odd for sure and not normal behaviour. It's difficult to know why this might be happening without taking a closer look or seeing it. Would you be able to share your store URL with the page this is on and what theme you're using? What theme you're using is important as it will help me figure out where you can find further help on this should you need to. 

Regarding this:

PS Wondering if this is somehow related to Shopify's tendency to replace spaces (eg where product page edits have been made) with  ?

I'm wondering if you removed it all and wrote it out again and added the hyperlinks via the RTE after if this would fix it? I know it's not ideal to do it again, but it's definitley worth trying to see this was a once off occurence. 

pliersandstring
Excursionist
16 2 5

Hi Nick! Re: the   insertion, it happens when performing edits via RTE; it's easily circumvented by using the code edit function. Not too big of an inconvenience once we began just bypassing RTE entirely.

Our store URL is https://pliers-string-jewelry-atelier.myshopify.com (not sure if you wanted that or our proprietary domain – I'm still new here!). Our theme is – pre-2.0 – Impulse from Archetype Themes. The page capped above is https://pliersandstring.com/products/stix-cuff-bracelet, though it happens on every page afaict.

Now that I think about it I'm wondering if it has to do with the link underline animation native to the theme. It may be a choice of one or the other (ani vs normal txt behavior). I'll poke around and see if I can't disable that via toggle.

I really appreciate you taking the time!

Best,

Ryan

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @pliersandstring,

Thanks for getting back to me! Impulse is a great theme and your store looks really well, nice work. 

In this instance, I would advise you to contact Archetype Themes directly as this could be a bug on their end. Because they wrote and developed the theme they could tell you straight away and if it isn't, they would at least look into and fix it for you! You can reach Archetype Themes support team here