Splitting Variants after added to store? Is it possible?

Raze1225
Tourist
4 0 3

I am making my first store. And Its animal related clothing. But for example. Products that i added that are all dog related variants, except one. I dont want that variant to be listed with this product. I want it as its own. Easily could be done before adding to store i know, But i already added a bunch (rookie move i guess) So atm its horribly organized. If its not possible, whats best way of essentially hand picking a few variants from the product and relisting as there own, Just tough it out and do it manually?

Replies 7 (7)

Raze1225
Tourist
4 0 3

I found out i can, Duplicate the product. Then remove the image and variants i dont want from the new duplicated product, and rename it.

So if i have dog t shirts with a few cat variants. I can duplicate and delete all the dog variants/images from the new duplicated product, rename it and tthere u go. is that ok to do?

Mihai_Seceleanu
Excursionist
14 0 6

That's the best way to do it indeed - duplicate the product, and keep within both products only those variants that you intend. Don't forget to update the collection as well, if you have a cat-focused collection.

---------------------------------------------------------------
30+ Shopify apps-in-one? Is this even possible?

Lilburn663
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi

We have created a Style Guide for our shop the GlenInnesHighlandsShop. 

I need to separate a lot of items from their variant status to individual items.

Can this be done easily or do I have to do them separately? 

Kind regards

Sal

MaameTumi
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi @Lilburn663 

I am facing the same issue, have you found a way?

bsimms
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Have you figured out a way to get this done? 

ship-n-style
Tourist
8 0 0

Anybody figure this out yet? I need to do it as well. 

WillStreetX
Visitor
2 0 0

yet to figure this one out as well