Sticky Header "code" for Boundless theme

Blu
6 0 0

Does anybody know how to code a Sticky Header for the Boundless theme? I contacted support and they gave me this code: 

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/sticky-header-boundless-theme/td-p/591839

But when I tried to paste it I was hit with All SCSS have been deprecated in all themes!

Replies 9 (9)

DMT-Mike
Shopify Partner
25 6 9

Hi Blu,

Welcome to the Shopify forums!

If you could provide a link to your story URL I'd be happy to take a look for you.

Thanks

Need expert help with your Shopify Website? Get in touch.
Blu
6 0 0

I can provide a link do you mean my Shopify store?

Is there a way that you could provide step by step way how to do this I'm not as smart as you??

DMT-Mike
Shopify Partner
25 6 9

No problem!

If you first go to your Shopify Dashboard --> Online Store --> Actions (on your stores theme) --> Preview --> Share Preview (On the bottom banner) --> Copy Link and paste that same link here.

Opera Snapshot_2021-11-22_181110_consistently-average.myshopify.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2021-11-22_180456_consistently-average.myshopify.com.png

If your site has a password I will need that as well which can be found at Online Store --> See Store Password

Opera Snapshot_2021-11-22_180910_consistently-average.myshopify.com.png

Let me know if you need more help.

Blu
6 0 0

Can you explain so that we can do this on our own? 

DMT-Mike
Shopify Partner
25 6 9

Ok, so i have taken a closer look through the link in your original post, the code that was provided to you wasn't .scss anyway. The error is displayed because your theme already uses .scss (as is the case for a lot of themes) and Shopify is trying to phase that out. Eventually you may have to migrate to .css but for now the sticky header code your have found should still work fine.

Blu
6 0 0

Ok thank you kind sir you are awesome, can you give detail of how to correctly insert the code as we're not as tech savvy as you are?

DMT-Mike
Shopify Partner
25 6 9

So you go to your Shopify Stores Dashboard --> Online Store (from the left panel) --> Find your theme --> Click the 'Action' dropdown --> Edit code --> Open 'Assets' --> Open 'Theme.scss.liquid' --> paste the code in the bottom of that file --> save.

Done.

Blu
6 0 0

Hello and thank you for the details for the Sticky Header, it was placed as you explained but we didn't see any changes so we must ask is this the correct way to insert it? It's placed at the very bottom.

IMG_20211123_194408252.jpg

Blu
6 0 0

I can provide a link but can you explain step by step how to do this?