Store favicon for mobile device (mac and ios) specifically - bookmarks and favourites (Venture theme

ChamanGarg
Pathfinder
94 0 25

I am currently looking for a guide on how to have my store favicon or my logo show up as bookmarks/favourites on mobile device web browsers & ios/mac devices.  The Favicon I have added on my store shows up perfectfly on Chromes web browser tabs and in bookmarks.  I want to be able to do this without having to build an app.  Currently if you add my store web address to favorites on my iphone, the icon is a square with an "S" in the center (which is something that iOS does when there is no specifc favicon associated with website).  I have read a few different articles that stated there was code that needed to be placed in the website theme, but I could not find anything specific for shopify.

Store- sohumlinen.com

Pass- chaman10

Kindly help, thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @ChamanGarg,

Nick here from Shopify.

@ChamanGarg wrote:

I am currently looking for a guide on how to have my store favicon or my logo show up as bookmarks/favourites on mobile device web browsers & ios/mac devices. 

Shopify has a guide for adding your favicon to your online store which you can see here. Is this how you added the Favicon the first time? There is also a YouTube guide for this which you can see below:

If this was the same way you added the Favicon let me know and we can explore some other ways around this situation for you. 

Thanks, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ChamanGarg
Pathfinder
94 0 25

Hi, I had added the favicon in a similar manner but the problem is it doesn't show up in the safari browser or the ios shortcut

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @ChamanGarg,

Ah I see. For Safari and ios shortcuts they are set by devices and wouldn't be to do with the themes or Shopify. 

I took a look at Safari for your store and can see the favicon: 

26-10-l72jn-ixb6j

I also did some digging online and found some guides on where to change this. 

Hope this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.