Studio Theme: How to disable the default pop-up cart

SupportHBM
4 0 0

We are having issues with the cart on our website. When the customer clicks the 'add to cart' button, two pop-up cart shows: the default cart of the theme that we are using and the pop-up cart from a third-party app. We want to disable the default cart of the theme (green box) so it won't show when the 'add to cart' button is clicked but we do not know how. Popup Cart.png

Replies 6 (6)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3066

Hi @SupportHBM

This is PageFly - Advanced Page Builder. I would love to give you some recommendations

- Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code

- Asset-> ->theme.liquid paste my code after <head> element

<style>

cart-notification{display:none !important}

</style>

Best Regards;

Pagefly

Erin
Shopify Staff
986 130 157

Hi there @SupportHBM. I'm happy to help you out with this! Do you mind if I ask why you've chosen to use the third party app's cart drawer over Studio's built in cart? Are there certain features you are looking for that you can't find with Studio?

I don't believe it's possible to remove the theme's cart altogether. If it is it would need to be done by editing your theme's code. That being said, you can change the cart pop up into a cart drawer or cart page by following these steps. This will be done from within your theme editor. You can get to your theme editor by going to Online store > Themes > Customize (next to the theme you want to edit). From here, go into your Theme settings and click Cart to open your cart settings. Then you will see the Cart type setting which allows you to select which type of cart you want to use. There are other cart settings you can edit here as well.

14-32-88334-31266

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SupportHBM
4 0 0

Hi @Erin, we chose to use the third-party cart drawer since it auto-suggests upsells right from the cart( see red box). Is there a way for the default cart drawer to do this? 

SupportHBM
4 0 0

Hi @Erin, we chose to use the third-party cart drawer since it auto-suggests upsells right from the cart( see red box). Is there a way for the default cart drawer to do this? 

Erin
Shopify Staff
986 130 157

Hi @SupportHBM. Thank you for getting back to me! Which app are you currently using for your cart drawer?

There isn't a setting built into Studio to add upsells into the cart drawer, but there are upsell apps you can use that are compatible with Online Store 2.0 and embed into your cart drawer. For example, OBSI Incentivize — Cart Upsell allows you to add a "We also recommend" section into your cart drawer, which is very similar to the example you shared. In this case you wouldn't have the problem of two carts appearing.

15-49-97278-70529

You can find a list of Online Store 2.0 compatible upselling and cross-selling apps on this page. If you're looking for more ways to upsell I would also recommend looking into using a post-purchase upsell app. These allow you to add upsell offers directly into your checkout. You can find a list of post-purchase upsell apps compatible with the Shopify checkout here.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

rekzz123
Visitor
1 0 0

what to do if i don't want any of those cart types and just want that button to add to the cart and continue without any popups