style.css.liquid not being applied

Solved
camicool09
2 0 1

Hello,

Im new to Shopify theme development. So far all the documentation has been great, but I've run into a problem with my style.css.liquid file not connecting. I'm using a framework called Codyhouse, along with Theme Kit and I'm using gulp to compile my scss files and output it in the assets folder as "style.css.liquid". Here's a screenshot of my structure:

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.48.47 AM.png

Everything in the assets file seems connected, except the style.css.liquid file.

Everything looks to be outputting correctly without error,  so I don't know how to get that file up and running. Do I need to put it in a different folder or rename the file?

Here's a little of the style.css.liquid file:

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.52.46 AM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Savior
Pathfinder
91 13 32

This is an accepted solution.

@camicool09 

Please try replacing like this :  <link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='screen' href='{{ 'style.css' | asset_url }}'> 

or remove .liquid {{ 'style.css' | asset_url | stylesheet_tag }}

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Savior
Pathfinder
91 13 32

This is an accepted solution.

@camicool09 

Please try replacing like this :  <link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='screen' href='{{ 'style.css' | asset_url }}'> 

or remove .liquid {{ 'style.css' | asset_url | stylesheet_tag }}

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.

View solution in original post

camicool09
2 0 1

Thanks!

I had a script in my gulp file that converted sass to a "css.liquid file". I changed it to output a normal ".css " file and linked it up how you described and it worked.

Turns out, less was more.