Solved

Take Collection Title off One Collection Only

Emma1903
Excursionist
19 0 5

Hi! I'm trying to take the collection title off of one of my shopify pages - and that one only. I don't want to change the templates for all my other collections. Can I do that with the new custom css feature that is page specific? I'm looiking to take the word 'sale' off of this page below. Thanks!

https://www.peridotfinejewelry.com/collections/sale

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 6.10.01 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3833 716 1165

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Emma1903 

I understand that you want to hide the collection title "SALE" only. You can follow the instructions below and it should not affect other collections.

1. From your Admin page, go to Online store > Themes > click the three dots > Edit code
2. Find the Layout folder, and open the theme.lqiuid file
3. Find the <body tag and after that line of code, place the code below

{% if collection.handle == "sale" %}
        <style>
           h1.majortitle {
            display: none;
        }
       </style>
   {% endif %}

See example below

made4Uo_1-1677887591474.png

If this fixed your issue Likes and Accept as Solution is highly appreciated. Coffee tips fuels my dedication.
Get EXPERIENCED Shopify developers at affordable rates—visit Made4Uo.com for quick quote!
Do not lost your Shopify store! Get FREE trial with ✔️ Rewind Backup: Automatic, reliable, stress-free

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

EcomGraduates
Shopify Partner
588 48 79

hello there  

Yes, you can use the custom CSS feature to remove the collection title from a specific Shopify page without affecting the templates for your other collections.

To remove the word 'sale' from the page you provided, you can add the following CSS code to the custom CSS field in the page settings:

@Emma1903 wrote:

Hi! I'm trying to take the collection title off of one of my shopify pages - and that one only. I don't want to change the templates for all my other collections. Can I do that with the new custom css feature that is page specific? I'm looiking to take the word 'sale' off of this page below. Thanks!

https://www.peridotfinejewelry.com/collections/sale

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 6.10.01 PM.png

.template-collection h1.page-heading {
}

This will hide the collection title on the page.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the collection title but remove the word 'sale' specifically, you can use the following CSS code instead:

.template-collection h1.page-heading::after {
    content: "";
}

This will remove the text after the collection title.

Remember to only apply this CSS code to the specific page where you want to remove the collection title.

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3833 716 1165

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Emma1903 

I understand that you want to hide the collection title "SALE" only. You can follow the instructions below and it should not affect other collections.

1. From your Admin page, go to Online store > Themes > click the three dots > Edit code
2. Find the Layout folder, and open the theme.lqiuid file
3. Find the <body tag and after that line of code, place the code below

{% if collection.handle == "sale" %}
        <style>
           h1.majortitle {
        }
       </style>
   {% endif %}

See example below

made4Uo_1-1677887591474.png

If this fixed your issue Likes and Accept as Solution is highly appreciated. Coffee tips fuels my dedication.
Get EXPERIENCED Shopify developers at affordable rates—visit Made4Uo.com for quick quote!
Do not lost your Shopify store! Get FREE trial with ✔️ Rewind Backup: Automatic, reliable, stress-free
Emma1903
Excursionist
19 0 5

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much.