Text Field added via custom liquid not showing at checkout

CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

hi there,

I have a store already live using Debut theme, however I am working on designing an updated site with Dawn theme.

I have added custom text boxes for personalisation for a certain product but when these text fields are filled they do not show in the cart or checkout option (this is where we will gather the information to personalise these options for the customer)

this is the preview URL as the store is not live yet https://7ao6c4dr0gy7yet4-56881184918.shopifypreview.com

it is a custom 'product' option from the top drop down menu labelled 'scrabble' it is not yet assigned to any product bit will be assigned to the product below once completed.

thank you in advance for any assistance.

Screenshot (25).png

Replies 5 (5)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@CraftacularCrea - actually checkout page is available only for premium shopify members, we can not edit it to add text..

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

@suyash1 

So if a customer enters details into those boxes there is no way for me to see them on the customers orders?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@CraftacularCrea - quite difficult if you are using custom html section, try by copying code from contact template to custom html and check.... these will not go to checkout though

You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
CraftacularCrea
Excursionist
26 0 4

@suyash1 @Is there another way to have these custom text boxes then either by code or by an app? I really need them for this product for the customer to type in their requirements and for me to be able to see them once the product has been ordered so that I can make it

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@CraftacularCrea - you can activate order notes on cart page and user can send details to you