Text size for Image with text overlay

Solved
TSK
Tourist
12 0 4

Hi,
I added an Image with Text section to my Shopify store.
The text size option is only large and medium, and medium is still too big for my page.
Is there a way for me to further decrease the size of the text?
Thank you.
Regards.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 173

Hi, @TSK,

Hank here from Shopify!

Would you be able to share both your store URL and the theme you are using currently?

If you are unsure of your theme, you can find both the name and who supports it, by following this guide.

Let me know how you get on!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
TSK
Tourist
12 0 4

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the reply.
I am using Debut.
My link is https://sg-salon-store.myshopify.com/.

I found that I am able to decrease the font size by going to Theme settings > Typography and decrease up to 20px and 14px for the header and body text respectively. However this will change all the header and body text for the whole website instead of just the section I wish to change.

Thank you.

Regards.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 173

This is an accepted solution.

Yes that is correct, you would need to edit the code to make some specific sections different, whereas the editor offers the change site wide.

But as you are using Debut, and if you are on a paid plan currently, I could ask our theme developers to take a look at this for you.

Also what I have done is move your post to the design board, which is where developers further support theme queries on the forum. 

This may mean that, hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you. 

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
TSK
Tourist
12 0 4

Thanks for the help Hank.

HansJ
6 0 0

@Hank I am also looking to be able to change the font size & colour, can you please point me in the right direction as I could not find the solution.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
282 41 50

Hey @HansJ.

Thanks for reaching out.

If you would like to change the font size and colour of the online store, you can do so using a Shopify theme. We can make those changes using the Theme Editor by navigating to Online store > Customize. Once that is loaded up, you can select on the Theme Settings to see the section Typography, selecting this option will allow you to customize the font size and colour. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

16-42-32461-96463

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
HansJ
6 0 0

@Ollie thanks for this but the font sizes are still not the same (ranges are different)

I am trying to have the same font sizes, also want to add <br> in the header row but for some reason it is not accepting HTML to do this

Can you please point me to the liquid section that controls that "element" so that I can have a look to see what can be changed

Thanks

0 Likes
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
282 41 50

Hey @HansJ.

Thanks for the quick reply!

That would depend on which theme is being used for the online store. If you are using a theme designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the coding changes on your behalf.

With that being said, if you are interested in using the design time to make changes to the font sizes and colour to the header store, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes on the online store with a Support Advisor.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify