Solved

The color product display icon on collection page does not display all colors. Some are left blank.

al2m4j
Tourist
9 1 1

Screenshot 2023-12-28 182139.png

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution regarding my website. Some of the color product display icons on collection pages do not display all colors. Some are left blank (see pic above).

I am using the Impulse theme. Website is 2m4J.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solution (1)
al2m4j
Tourist
9 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I did look at that article and it was not helpful at all.

I finally installed an app (glo color swatch) that is working pretty well. I still have a few bugs to work out but at least it is functioning. 

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1312

Hi @al2m4j this often because some of the color names for variant options do not match any standard common and simple color names, i.e. blue,red,green vs 'charcoal olive'

For impulse theme read the guides: How do I set up color swatches? https://help.archetypethemes.co/en/articles/2765 

You should be able to optionally use images for colors undefined in html-color-codes.

If not using images, or the feature doesn't work for that theme, you would need to customized the theme to map names to color values, or images of swatch colors/fabric/textures.

If you need this customization then contact me by my email for services.
Contact info in forum signature.
ALWAYS please provide context, examples: store url, theme name, post url(s) , or any further detail in ALL correspondence.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

al2m4j
Tourist
9 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I did look at that article and it was not helpful at all.

I finally installed an app (glo color swatch) that is working pretty well. I still have a few bugs to work out but at least it is functioning.