What are affordable alternatives to the Canopy theme for a diverse retail store?

Yunus1711
Excursionist
20 0 3

Hi All,

I'm in need of some assistance in choosing the best theme for my local retail store. My store has a variety of products from cosmetics, food, house care and more. The store is basically a virtual supermarket planning on expanding to more categories

I'm currently obsessed with the Canopy theme (https://themes.shopify.com/themes/canopy/styles/natural?surface_detail=next-generation-themes&surfac...) which is currently $240, however it's a bit too pricey for me at this moment.

It would be great if someone can please send me the best replacement/substitute theme on the cheaper side which consists of the features the Canopy theme consists of.

Thanks in advance,

Yunus

Replies 4 (4)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hi, @Yunus1711.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking for a more economical option for the Canopy theme with similar features. It's important to note that the price of the themes are often based on the amount of features that they come with. For this reason, can you specify which features you're looking for?

If you're looking for something with Online store 2.0, then I'd recommend taking a look at the Editions theme ($150 USD). However, the Editions theme is designed for a smaller catalog. On the other hand, if Online store 2.0 isn't a requirement, then I'd recommend taking a look at the Providence or Mobilia theme (both $180 USD). While the Mobilia theme is suited for a medium catalog, the Providence theme is suited for any catalog size. That being said, if you'd like to explore a couple of free themes, which are supported by Shopify - then I'd recommend the Express (small catalog) or Brooklyn theme (medium catalog). 

Since I don't have enough information to narrow down the best substitute, I'd recommend trying the paid themes in your store to see which one best suits your needs. You can try these themes and customize them with your store's content and, in some ways, you can try to mimic the look and feel of the Canopy theme. 

I'd love to know if these suggestions can help with choosing your theme. Let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Yunus1711
Excursionist
20 0 3

Thank you @Elias for the very much detailed response and in providing necessary substitutes.

My product catalogue is quite large and I'm expecting to grow it even more wider as to why I really like the Canopy theme. In addition the theme has so much of customizing options whether it's in the product page, collection page and so on. It provides all sorts of unlimited elements on any page which is really helpful in creating any sort of designed page.

I will look into the themes you have mentioned, however I have gone through some before but I will look into them more thoroughly and try them out and see what they offer.

Thanks,

Yunus

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @Yunus1711.

Thank you for following up!

I'd definitely recommend taking a look at the Providence theme, as it is suitable for any size catalogs. However, it may be worth considering the theme that you like the most, as it is something that you will be using for a long time with your store. In addition, the Canopy theme is also very up-to-date and it supports Online store 2.0 for maximum customizability. 

I'd love to know which theme you end up going with. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mslatour
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Yunus, I have purchased a high-quality theme on envato.com for around 180$! https://elements.envato.com/fr/web-templates/supermarket

If you are interested I have just started a private Facebook group for the USA and Canadian retailers like yourself to benefit from brand product deals (cosmetics, foods etc.) Feel free to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/300924331390703