Why can't I access or change my themes like my friend can?

Bdement
Visitor
2 0 0

I can not access my themes or change any of it. A friend of mine who has the same plan and everything I have can access so much more little boxes and headers.. i have none of that

Replies 3 (3)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 173

Hi there, @Bdement

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform!

With regards to your inquiry, are you able to tell us more on the differences you are seeing from your friend's settings to your own? Any information/screenshots that you can share on what you are seeing on your end will help us understand your situation better and be able to assist accordingly. 

In the meantime, I have found some help documents to guide you with regards to making changes in your theme: 

Please give these resources a review as they go over navigating through your theme settings but more importantly, I look forward to hearing more from you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Bdement
Visitor
2 0 0

she as soo many more options or themes. i cant edit my theme at all. we have the same plan and she has actually done less with her as far as hasnt set it up all the way 

this is my storethis is my store

this is hersthis is hers

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 173

Thank you for those screenshots you have shared, @Bdement

It definitely looks that you are both on different plans which explains the difference in your theme settings. Since yours is showing the Start theme, it signifies your account being on the Starter plan while your friend having options to add themes should be on a higher plan: basic or higher. 

I recommend you review our different plans to see what works to what you are looking for as well as your business needs then you can review this help document that will walk you through updating your plan. 

Let me know how this works out for you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.