Solved

This store isn't taking orders right now - checkout issue

pioneer100
Shopify Partner
1119 145 481

When I press 'checkout button' or 'buy now' button, I face below error. 

"This store isn't taking orders right now"

- I have also attached a screenshot. please check that too.

IMG_20210908_182917.png

If helpful, Please Like and accept The Solution.
Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@pioneer100 

Checkouts are typically disabled if your store is on the "pause" plan. You can check this by going to Settings/Plans and Permissions. In order to enable the checkout, you will need to upgrade the plan to the "Basic" plan or higher. 

If you're on the Basic plan or higher and getting this error, then I would recommend contacting Shopify Support for further assistance. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@pioneer100 

Checkouts are typically disabled if your store is on the "pause" plan. You can check this by going to Settings/Plans and Permissions. In order to enable the checkout, you will need to upgrade the plan to the "Basic" plan or higher. 

If you're on the Basic plan or higher and getting this error, then I would recommend contacting Shopify Support for further assistance. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

Maui12
Visitor
1 0 1

HI! I'm on trial and I just want Lite Plan,so now it is giving this error too. How will I solve this? Thank you

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@Maui12 

You'll need to select a plan before the checkout is enabled. To select the "Lite" plan, you'll need to remove the "Online Store" sales channel by going to Settings/Sales Channels then select the "trash" can for the Online Store Sales channel. 

alexwilson
Visitor
2 0 3

I have the same issue - in the 14 day trial with Shopify Lite - have already deleted the Store and the ePOS option s- just have Button sales channel - when I embed the HTML into my website & publish I get the same checkout issue - infact when I click on the button after designing it in the "Create a Buy Button for a website or blog" section, it pops open a new window & says the same thing ,,,,,

alexwilson
Visitor
2 0 3

I found the solution

- 1. I hadn't verified that I was not collecting VAT

-2. even though I was on the trial, I had not actually selected the plan that will kick in after 14 days

All working now 🙂

yourbuddy
Visitor
1 0 0

can you tell me how to verify VAT process

Mutluyku
Tourist
10 0 1

thanks.

now, can i change this message to other lang

Seriouslywhatth
Visitor
1 0 0

2731 views of this post kind of says I'm not alone in this happening and wondering if  Maui12 ever go their cart working.  I get exactly the same response even though I have selected the Lite Plan - buy button only. Tried everything below to no avail. Anyone else had success before I deactivate my account?