Translate text on dynamic checkout buttons

Theking123
3 0 0

Hello Shopify team support

i have tried to translate the Button text to arabic language but i couldnt find the place to fix it

it always "Buy it Now"

i want to change it to "اشتري الان "

anyone could help me please

i have changed the same language and still "buy it now"

i use shopify theme called warehouse

https://janssen-eg.myshopify.com/ 

my store

Warehouse

and the link of my store is https://janssen-eg.myshopify.com/

Thank you >3

Replies 3 (3)
Rick
Shopify Staff
35 6 12

Hey @Theking123 

That is a really good question. Although you can indeed translate many sections and buttons on your Shopify store, the 'Buy It Now' button is considered dynamic, and as such does not have a section in the theme language editor to translate. This would be the same for all themes, as they do not have the ability to specifically change the language of the button without changing theme code. One thing you can try here, is Changing the Theme Language. Have you already tried following those steps, and the button is still in English?

Because of the dynamic nature of this button, it is primarily designed to be used for Accelerated Checkouts, and so customers would usually see something different when they visit your store. For example if you have the PayPal Express Checkout enabled, those eligible to use PayPal will see a PayPal button here, and not see 'Buy it Now'. What appears for the customer would depend on their specific browser and device, e.g. if you have other accelerated checkouts enabled then some customers could see the likes of Google Pay, Apple Pay etc.

To summarise, there is no section in the language editor to translate the 'Buy It Now' button, because the button dynamically changes to reflect the customer's preferred accelerated checkout method. If you are interested in learning more, we have a handy help doc which explains how Dynamic Checkout Buttons work on Shopify, and what you can do with them. 

I can see why having only this button in English, and the rest in Arabic might not be the best look for your store. Did you want to have those Buy It Now buttons there to encourage sales and increase conversions? Reaching out to a Shopify Expert could be a good idea here, as they may be able to provide you with an alternative custom solution such as an app or by manually coding something in. I hope this helps! 

Rick | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Theking123
3 0 0

so to just change text on button i need to hire an expert

is that normal in shopify?

Rick
Shopify Staff
35 6 12

Hi @Theking123 

It's possible that changing the theme language would translate that button for you, so it is certainly worth trying that out first. I actually tested this on my own store (using the Shopify Dawn Theme) and I was able to translate the 'Buy it Now' button to several other languages by Changing the Theme Language. However, not all languages will be natively supported and in this case choosing Arabic did not translate this button.

Because as you are using a third party theme called Warehouse by Maestrooo, it might be worth reaching out to the theme developers to ask if they can assist you further here. I found a link to their support that you can try here. If they are unable to assist then you could consider the Shopify Expert route, as someone experienced with coding might be able to help you with a solution. 

I totally appreciate that not being able to specifically edit the language of this button in your theme is less than ideal. I will be sure to pass this example on to our developers as a suggested future upgrade to the theme language editor. Let me know if you manage to find a solution to this, as I would be keen to see if you got this resolved.

Rick | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog