Unable to create unique static pages with Studio template

Kathy18
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm using the Studio template. I want to add an "About" and a "Shows" page, even a "custom orders" page. I guess these are called static pages versus pages generated by linking to a collection. They are informational, not shopping pages. It appears I can choose "contact" or "about" when creating a page, from the "online store-theme template" drop down menu as I create the page. This means all the info needs to go on one page, and I can't create three different pages, because they will all link to the same "default page" that's offered. Help! 

See screenshot.Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 11.14.08 AM.png

Replies 3 (3)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1146 298 224

Hey @Kathy18,

Go to your Theme Customizer and where it says "Home page", click on it and select "Pages".

From there, you can click on "Create Template" and base it off an existing template and call it any name you need, then it will appear in the drop down menu.

(For it to appear in the drop down, you must create this template on the Published Theme, it cannot be a theme that is not yet published)

ThePrimeWeb_0-1707582550249.png

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? contact@theprimeweb.com
Kathy18
Visitor
2 0 0

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 12.24.33 PM.pnglooks like instead of just "create template" the option for me is "create metaobject template", and then, per the screenshot here, I have to add a field before I can name the page...not comprehending that right now (I have a WP food blog where I understand things, but this isn't seeming familiar at all).

For now I think I'll just fit all the info on the one page that is available, especiallly since It's not a published site yet...but if you can direct me any further, a coffee is certainly on its way to you, 🙏

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1146 298 224

Hey @Kathy18,

I think you didn't click on the "Pages" option

As shown in the screenshot below, The "Create metaobject template" is there in the main dropdown, you need to click on the highlighted "Pages" option.

ThePrimeWeb_6-1707586790449.png

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? contact@theprimeweb.com