Unable to edit Theme.Liquid file

supercommerce
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello

Whenever we add something to our theme.liquid file, we are able to do it successfully.
But when we look at the live preview of the site, the code is not there.
As a result, we are not able to put any new tracking codes etc. on the site.

Here's a sample of a tracking code that we put on theme. liquid file but it doesn't show on live preview

https://nimb.ws/jV7ycM

Kindly help us with this. We did not follow any articles to do this change.

In layman's words, we can't edit our theme. liquid file to make changes to the live website.

Replies 5 (5)

demib
Shopify Partner
132 12 62

Shopify cache pages so depending on which files you change it can take a little bit of time before it shows. Give a few minutes - or an hour and then it should be there 🙂

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Jason
Shopify Expert
11187 225 2281

@demib wrote:

Shopify cache pages so depending on which files you change it can take a little bit of time before it shows. Give a few minutes - or an hour and then it should be there 🙂

When a change is made the cache is invalidated quickly. You shouldn't be seeing a delay of hours - if you do something is not working as expected.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
demib
Shopify Partner
132 12 62

@Jason wrote:

@demib wrote:

When a change is made the cache is invalidated quickly. You shouldn't be seeing a delay of hours - if you do something is not working as expected.

Well, "quickly" is a relative term 🙂
I often find it's renewed too slow for my taste and would love a "refresh cache" function as I am used to on other cache systems 🙂

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

Jason
Shopify Expert
11187 225 2281

That's an interesting one. I can't be sure from what I see via the browser but I will make a bold guess from experience that you could be using an app like zipify pages. it can actually skip the code in the theme.liquid and rewrite it with it's own. It _usually_ pulls the content from a snippet file with "index" (sorry, can't remember the exact file name anymore) in it.

If you are using the app I would give the app devs a shout and see what support they offer.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
supercommerce
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks Jason, yes I think we are using zipify page builder.
Will check with their support team