Use custom font as body font only - DAWN

Solved
Alevtina
5 0 0

I uploaded a custom font using this tutorial https://ezfycode.com/blog/add-custom-fonts-to-shopify.

This changed both headings and body font to a custom font but I would only like to change the body font to a custom font.

What should I do?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
281 64 84

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You need to edit the code from the tutorial from this

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,html,body,*,[id] *{
  font-family: "Precious" !important;
}

to this 

body {
}

this way the font will affect only your body text.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9829 2237 3078

@Alevtina 

Please share store URL!

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
Alevtina
5 0 0

pure-shores-artisan.myshopify.com

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9829 2237 3078

@Alevtina 

Please share front store password.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9829 2237 3078

@Alevtina 

add following code your assets/base.css bottom of the  file.

body {
  font-family: 'your custom fontname' !important;
}

Any problem let me know.

Thanks!

Alevtina
5 0 0

Tried it and it looks like it doesn't recognize the font because body font changes to a random font, not the one I uploaded. Any other solutions?

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9829 2237 3078

@Alevtina 

Please share store password also share font name use for body.

Thanks!

Alevtina
5 0 0

Please send a collaborator request

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
281 64 84

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You need to edit the code from the tutorial from this

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,html,body,*,[id] *{
}

to this 

body {
}

this way the font will affect only your body text.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

View solution in original post

Alevtina
5 0 0

Thank you, it worked!