Variant images no longer appearing on item page?

MayDawney
6 0 0

I'm not even sure what to call this. Um, okay, let's see if I can explain. It seems there has been an update to the variant menu on shop items. It looks different and behaves different. Sadly, that different behavior breaks my store. 

This is how items would come out before:

https://kickassrenderstock.com/products/yiren-2

I'd upload a separate image to every variant and you'd see them in tiny + be able to click them to see a close-up.

The new update 100% broke that.

https://kickassrenderstock.com/products/wolf-king-throne

The variant boxes are still there, but the images I uploaded to them do not appear, nor do they appear when clicked. 

This breaks the entire functionality of my shop, so either I need a way to use the system in the old way, or I need to move shop to another platform ASAP.

If anyone has tips, I am all ears! 

Be well,
May

Replies 8 (8)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@MayDawney 

Image URL not working means image url not add to background Please check your liquid code .

Please check screenshot

2021-09-24_13-14_WOLF KING THRONE.jpg

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
MayDawney
6 0 0

Yeah, I get that they are not populating. That's the issue. I've uploaded them, they just do not appear. As you can see, they *are* there, just aren't contained in the variants.Capture.JPG

MayDawney
6 0 0

This is what the girl's item looks like:

Capture.JPG

Note how her solo images appear in the variant box. She was created before the update.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@MayDawney 

you has uploaded images this is not a problem . problems in your liquid code check your product page code.

Thanks.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
MayDawney
6 0 0

Hey! Thanks. I appreciate the reply, but that's not very useful. I assume you're trying to tell me that my theme does nto support the Shopify update--which, okay. Fair enough. But that doesn't help me. Do you have advice on how to either revert te update or work around the break? I can change the theme, if I have to, but would prefer not to. 

MayDawney
6 0 0

Oh Christ.. Okay, the functionality is still kind of there, I just can't drag and drop anymore? Clicking on the variant and loading a pre-loaded image works? That's...hella annoying. 

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@MayDawney 

Great!

MayDawney
6 0 0

LOL! Not exactly great. It just means I don't have to move my shop.