Venture Theme

Solved
thisisawkward
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

I want to showcase every collection like this how is this possible in venture design 

Screenshot (61).png

 second question 

how to reduce the length of the header?

thanks in advance to whoever guides me 

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 55 83

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @thisisawkward!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! I'd be happy to discuss how to add collections to your Home Page and the options you have for reducing the length of your header.

Adding a collection list to your Venture theme is quite simple. If you already have it enabled, you'll be able to see it on the lefthand menu in your Theme Editor. If you don't see it there, you can add it by clicking [+] Add section and choosing Collection list before clicking Select. Once it's available in your lefthand menu, you'll select it to add the collections you'd like listed. I've created a short clip of these steps for you to reference here. Don't forget to save your changes! 

As for your menu header, the simplest way to adjust this sizing is to adjust the sizing of your logo. Often, merchants' logos will either be too large or have too much blank space, thus lengthening the header. You can check out this clip for an example of how logo sizing affects the length of your header. Ideally, a logo image should be 512 x 512 px in PNG or JPEG format, and less than 20 MB. This guide will offer more information on image specifications. In the case that your logo has any additional blank space, I recommend cropping it out.

If you're still wanting to lessen the length of the header after making the above adjustments to your logo, you can contact our Support Team at the bottom of our Help Center page by logging in and selecting your shop. Upon authentication, our Support Advisors can then touch base with our Theme Support Team to determine whether this is a request that they're able to support. More information on Theme Support and our Design Policy can be found here.

I also suggest giving our How to Design Your Online Store (with Zero Design Experience) course in Shopify Compass a watch. There are some great tips in there that you might find beneficial. I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

knives-ireland
1 0 0

Hi im trying to get the .collection-card__title to display top left hand corner of the image box as its current position blocks out the center of the product image, i have played around with padding and margin with no success, any clue as to how to achieve this? thanks

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 55 83

Hey, @knives-ireland!

Which theme are you currently using? If you're using one of our themes, you may be eligible for Theme Support. In that case, you can get ahold of our Support Team through the Help Center by logging in, selecting your shop, searching a topic, and clicking Continue at the bottom of the page. This will allow you to open a ticket with us through one of our support channels. If eligible, the Support Advisor assisting you will then be able to escalate your ticket over to our Theme Support Team to see if your customization request is one that is within our scope of support.

If you're using a third-party theme, you'll need to speak with the Theme Developer for support with this. You can also look at hiring an Expert or submitting your own post in our Community Forums with the name of your theme in the title. Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes