Video Banner instead of image banner on Dawn theme

shopten26
Excursionist
31 0 7

Hi! Is there a way I can replace the image banner on my home page with a constant playing video but also keep the text and button?

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
475 69 77

Hey @shopten26!

Currently, there is no option through the native Shopify theme editor that provides what you are after without implementing custom HTML. Apps are generally the go-to solution for a feature like this and would be more cost-effective rather than hiring a coding expert. I suggest trying out an app first, see how it works then re-evaluate implementing a permanent custom solution down the road.

I have done some digging on the Shopify app store and found two fantastic apps for you to choose from below:

• Video Background App - Choose how the video will be displayed: as a full-page video, as a responsive content video, as the video background of some section, as a video replacement of some element in your page.

• Video Loop Hero App - Embed YouTube or Vimeo videos that scale seamlessly to both desktop and mobile.

If none of these apps work out, you can also visit our App store below and explore a variety of apps that provide the functionality you are after:

If you wanted to head down the custom HTML path, Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after. Click right here to find out more about hiring a Shopify Expert.

With Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up at the end of the month, it's time to start thinking about how you'll promote your store during this time. I've compiled some resources for you below which you can take a look at. I recommend getting in early and making sure you're ready to go so you can convert your traffic into genuine sales.

BFCM Checklist

• A 27-Point Checklist to Prepare Your Store for Black Friday Cyber Monday

• Start early and prepare for a longer season

• Prepare for an uptick in demand

Trends That Will Shape BFCM 2021

• Most—but not all—BFCM shopping will take place online

• Shoppers are on the lookout for clothes and electronics this BFCM

• BFCM shoppers plan to spend more this year

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog