Want to update price when get Custom text.

baroad
Visitor
1 0 0

I want to add on option for customer to add the text on my product and add 3$ per character. First of all I just put input tag under quantity in main-product.liquid for get Custom text from customer. But I don't know how to update the price of product before add to cart. Could you please show me some example for solve this. Or any suggestion. Thanks

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

Hey @baroad,

You have a few great options here!

Firstly, you can edit your theme's code by creating an alternate product page template that includes custom form fields, or line item properties. You can then apply your new template to any product for which you want to collect customization information from customers. We do have a step by step guide below if you'd like to try this out:

TIP: If you make changes to the original code and save the changes, you will not be able to revert back. We always suggest you first duplicate the theme and work in the duplicate. That way you can always go back to your previous version.

If you'd rather not try making that change, there are apps that can help! While they do advertise the options for creating infinite variants, they're highly customizable. This means that they do also have the ability to add a text field to your products and update the price accordingly. I'll list a few of the options below:

As with all third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the developers directly with any support queries you have by using the contact details listed there on the app store page.

Without a doubt, customizable gifts have become a huge player in the gift-giving world as people find increased value in personalized products. What is it that you sell?

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog