FROM CACHE - en_header

Way less customizable options

tlofart
1 0 2

Hi, I made a Shopify store 3 years ago and now I'm trying to create another site for my business. I'm using the same theme I purchased on Theme Forest and noticed way less options to customize. The sections to add is limited and I can't even find spacing between each section. What has happened now that 3 years later I have such little options to customize. Any clue will be helpful, thanks!

Replies 2 (2)
Erin
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
291 54 54

Hi there @tlofart. I'm happy to help you out. Are you reopening your old store or are you creating a completely new one? What features and sections are you looking to add?

I don't have any information on Theme Forest themes specifically. That being said, within the last year Shopify has upgraded the theme architecture for the online store to Online Store 2.0. This provides easier and more flexible customization options for merchants. I'd recommend trying one of these to see if it offers you the options you are looking for.

You can read more about Online Store 2.0 on this page, but I will also share a recap of the benefits below. If you'd like to try them out you can take a look at all of our free Online Store 2.0 themes on this page. You can also find a list of all Online Store 2.0 themes in our theme store here.

Benefits of Online Store 2.0:

• Sections on every page: Customize the content on most of your online store's pages. Add, rearrange, or remove sections and blocks to create unique page layouts.
  • Enhanced app support: Install or change apps without touching any code. Add app functionality anywhere in your theme using app blocks.
  • Richer content using dynamic sources: Add dynamic, specialized information to any setting in your theme by connecting the setting to a dynamic source. A dynamic source can be a resource attribute or a metafield value.
  • Collection filtering: Allow customers to filter collections in your store by availability, price, and more.

If you're still not finding the sections you're looking for I'd recommend looking into some page builder apps. I've include a few popular ones below, but you can also find more here.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
3667 556 1902

Thank you @Erin  for the recommendation.

Hi @tlofart ,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page BuilderIf you are looking for a page builder that can build your page without coding knowledge, you can try our app. We have a free plan that you can try to build many pages to test. You can drag and drop and edit all elements on the page easily.

In case you want to rebuild the page on PageFly, our team is offering a program called "converting page" to help you rebuild 1 page on PageFly and guide you on how to use our app.

If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know or you can contact our support team via Live chat to connect with us directly. We are there 24/7 to help.

Thank you all and have a nice day!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check out our Ecommerce Website Design ideas for 2022. 

Learn the quintessential strategy to bring your store online with An Evergreen Guide.