Solved

What is the function of " MANAGE PROCUCTS " page ?

heshamwagdy
Tourist
8 0 1

Dear Sirs,

kindly note tt as shown in attached print screen some products is selected and other not selected

pls explain me what's happen in this page " MANAGE PROCUCTS "  & " EDIT PROFILE ITEMS " ? and how this page is work ? or what is the function of this page ?

Thanks in advance for your prompt feedback 

Hesham

Accepted Solution (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @heshamwagdy!

Thanks for asking your question in the Shopify Community! This is a great place to come anytime you have questions about your Shopify store or anything else that is Shopify related. 

Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like you're accessing the product management section of your Shipping Profiles. The 'manage products' text that is clickable within a shipping profile will take you to the menu you saw in your screenshot. From that screen, you can select which products you would like to have in your Shipping Profile. 

By default, stores will have one shipping profile called the 'General Profile'. It is within that profile that you would set up your shipping rates and rules for the products there. Some stores use multiple shipping profiles as they have specific products that require increased shipping rates or specific shipping settings. It is in situations like these when you would add a new shipping profile, and click 'add products' within the profile to add products to it.

To lay it out a bit more simply: 

• Clicking 'manage products' while in a Shipping Profile allows you to select what products you wish to include or remove from that specific profile. 
  • 'Edit profile items' is the title of the box that appears after clicking 'manage products.' This is the box you will use to select what products you would like to keep or remove from the Shipping Profile you're currently in. 

I have a document that I wanted to share with you that covers Shipping Profiles in a bit more detail. You can access that document through this link here. Take some time to read through this information and the document and let me know if you have any further questions. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1548 187 276

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @heshamwagdy!

Thanks for asking your question in the Shopify Community! This is a great place to come anytime you have questions about your Shopify store or anything else that is Shopify related. 

Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like you're accessing the product management section of your Shipping Profiles. The 'manage products' text that is clickable within a shipping profile will take you to the menu you saw in your screenshot. From that screen, you can select which products you would like to have in your Shipping Profile. 

By default, stores will have one shipping profile called the 'General Profile'. It is within that profile that you would set up your shipping rates and rules for the products there. Some stores use multiple shipping profiles as they have specific products that require increased shipping rates or specific shipping settings. It is in situations like these when you would add a new shipping profile, and click 'add products' within the profile to add products to it.

To lay it out a bit more simply: 

• Clicking 'manage products' while in a Shipping Profile allows you to select what products you wish to include or remove from that specific profile. 
  • 'Edit profile items' is the title of the box that appears after clicking 'manage products.' This is the box you will use to select what products you would like to keep or remove from the Shipping Profile you're currently in. 

I have a document that I wanted to share with you that covers Shipping Profiles in a bit more detail. You can access that document through this link here. Take some time to read through this information and the document and let me know if you have any further questions. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog