What Shopify Theme Would You Recommend?

Solved
ready_golfer
Excursionist
21 1 7

I am currently building a site within the Brooklyn theme.

https://spotlight-golf.myshopify.com

There are two things I am struggling with:

1. A collection page with products in a three column grid (desktop view)

1 grid image.png

2. A simplified product page with a thumbnail image, brief description, features/benefits section (bullets), and a slideshow.

cart-overview.gif

Is there a theme, other than Brooklyn, that is better suited for my needs?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
ready_golfer
Excursionist
21 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

It turns out that the code I inserted (from a third party) was obstructing the desired look/feel. Once I deleted it, we were up and running.

Thank you, Randy P

Henceforth, I will always check with Shopify Support before resorting to third party recommendations.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4211 303 901

Are those mockups? Or are you able to get the result you want in brooklyn?

Probably debut or dawn even.

There's also a couple of apps that offer premade sections, or alternatively just using a page builder app.

@ready_golfer wrote:

Is there a theme, other than Brooklyn, that is better suited for my needs?

Be aware this is a horrible cliche for new merchants to wear the designer hat , you've asked for aesthetic possibilities but you have not given actual business reasons.

Fiddling with themes is fine if you have time and money to burn , otherwise move forward with the bare minimum then invest in tweaking brand UI aesthetics when your generating revenue and can do things like a/b testing to validate choices with data.

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
ready_golfer
Excursionist
21 1 7

@PaulNewton 

Yes, what you're seeing are mockups of my vision.

Do you believe the Debut or Dawn theme may be more conducive to getting where I'm trying to go?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4211 303 901

Possibly all are free but all 3 have varying features and designs and sections you'll have to spend time fiddling with each to find the most conducive one if the goal is only aesthetics via premade sections.

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
ready_golfer
Excursionist
21 1 7

Thanks! I'll tinker with Debut and Dawn over the weekend.

ready_golfer
Excursionist
21 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

It turns out that the code I inserted (from a third party) was obstructing the desired look/feel. Once I deleted it, we were up and running.

Thank you, Randy P

Henceforth, I will always check with Shopify Support before resorting to third party recommendations.