Where is the mailchimp form action URL box in shopify minimal theme?

Danella_Le_Roy
2 0 0

Hi,

We are using minimal theme and cannot find where to put the the Mailchimp Form Action URL.

From the settings under Footer, I can only add/remove the the Newsletter signup, but cannot find the box mentioned in other forums where I can place my Mailchimp Form Action URL.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Danella

Replies 8 (8)
dav-mcg
Shopify Staff
103 0 29

Hey Danella,

David here from Shopify!

Our Shopify themes have undergone a major overhaul recently to transform them into sectioned themes and the Mailchimp Form Action URL is no longer included in the theme settings - that is why you cannot find it as these forum posts are out of date.

The new way of connecting your newseletter to your Mailchimp list can be found in this doc! There are two methods of achieving this and they are both outlined in the guide :)

I hope that helps!

David Mc | Shopify Guru

David | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lucy_Morton
1 0 0

Hi

I am trying to do the same as above and add a mailchimp list to my newsletter but on a Debut theme. 

Can I add the form the the subscriber form already on my site or do I have to make a new page? Also, can I sync the customers section of my shopify to mailchimp?

Thanks for your help

Lucy

Elizabeth_Ziser
Excursionist
37 0 6

I'm also having this issue, and this artcle seemst o be out of date. The link provided by the Shopify rep merely shows how to add THEIR newsletter signup to the footer. Anyone figure out how to do this for Minimaal-Mailchimp? 

Grant11
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Did you ever have any luck with this?

Elizabeth_Ziser
Excursionist
37 0 6

Apparently, this method is obsolete since an Shopify did a "theme overhaul" a couple months ago. So the "action URL" is accessible in Mailchimp, but totally useless within Shopify. 

If your store is connected using the Mailchimp plugin, then your emails should auto-populate within your Mailchimp list. You can then segment that list to mail different sets of customers. 

ULtiamtely, that "overhaul" broke my connection (for over a month... with no notification from Shopify OF the overhaul, what it was, or when it was happening...). But once I disconnected/reconnected the store, it works moving forward. 

Hope this helps!

Smeelah
Trailblazer
270 1 71

I'm confused! My 'account holders' seem to be integrated with MailChimp just fine but newsletter subscribers are stuck in the Shopify admin.

Hi Elisabeth...Is this normal or is this broken? Do you suggest that I diconnect and then reconnect?

Ideally, I would like to have my newsletter sign-ups (Minimal footer box (or header)) go to my MailChimp newsletter list with a double opt-in as many of them are spam/bots and I don't wish to add them manually and mess up my MailChimp account.

I've tried to add the action url to newletter.liquid but the url was rejected.

I'm finding it hard to believe that it is this hard to impliment such a basic option that I have with my wordpress blog and had in my Big Cartel shop until I made the switch to Shopify. 

Elizabeth_Ziser
Excursionist
37 0 6

Hi Smeelah, 

I haven't addressed this issue in over 3 months, so don't remember many of the details. :) Please refer to my past comments for accuate information, or contact Mailchimp directly for assistance (they have great cusotmer service).

I do recall that it was a complete nightmare getting this setup, probably since Shopify wants you to integrate THEIR apps and not somebody elses. But I finally got mine to work after the disconnect/reconnect.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Smeelah
Trailblazer
270 1 71

OK thank you. I have been in regular contact with MailChimp but it is challenging to get definitive info from two sides of an integration that only has incomplete documentation. I feel like a tennis ball!

Anyway, I did disconnect and reconnect after seeing your post and that solved the part where customers where not being sent to my MC list. Thank you~

Leila